Well, this is disappointing. Our lobbying efforts do not seem to be having any affect on policy at various government agencies, despite several promises from various officials.
First of all, Zombriety isn’t a disease. That’s something else entirely. We’ve addressed this extensively before, and would like to post links to prior posts that explain this point.
We will continue our efforts, but the recent post at the CDC saddens us immensely.
Washington DC is by all accounts a unique place, with people of all stripes and creeds, from all nations, vying for the attention of a few very powerful men and women. It’s full of activity, and history, and drama.
One of our fine public servants is blogging his experiences working in the Department of Undead Management. While we here object to the words “Management” and “Undead” have lobbied to have it changed to a more Post-Vital sensitive name, we do recognize that the DUM was formed in a different time, when Zombies had less of a voice.
If you want to live in a concrete block that has many windows that themselves can be covered by concrete blocks, then look no further. This home when sealed is only accessible via a retractable drawbridge.
It really is a shame when prejudice and hatred influence someone into an unreasonable act. Eventually he’ll starve, become a zombie himself, and then he’ll be stuck there, all alone. Sad, poor fool.
via Topless Robot
EDIT: The shirt featured below is now $15 in “The Reckoning” section at Shirt.Woot and can be purchased here. Original Post follows:
If you’ve never been to Shirt.Woot you need to go now. They offer shirts for $10 for one day only (no shipping!), and today’s is… well… I’ll let it speak for itself:
Of course it goes without saying that we assume that these fine Zombies are only here to save Dorothy from the twister.
Now the shirt is only availabe for $10 today, April 22, 2010 but it may go into The Reckoning and be available for $15 for some time (still no shipping!). Like this must-have zombie tee shirt (alas stupid meat-life that keeps us from posting all the time)
Also, check out the song that goes with this shirt after the break:
Friendly Zombie Cupcakes
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup vegan granulated sugar
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cup cherry pie filling or “red” jam
1 recipe Vanilla Glaze (listed under frosting)
This is a variation on the “white cake” recipe under “weddings”. Here. When you eat these friendly zombies you will find a surprise inside–their fruity brains! Finally, a sweet revenge (zombies eat brains, if you didn’t know that).
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine water, oil, vanilla, and vinegar. Combine wet and dry.
3. Prepare 12 cupcake liners in a pan. Fill each just under half full with the batter. Spoon into the middle about 2 teaspoons (a small spoonful or so) of the pie filling/jam. Cover with more cake batter until the liner is full, but not overflowing.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes; start checking after 15 to 20 minutes (my oven is a bit special and my cook times are always a little off). Once the tops are just brown and a toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool all the way.
5. Once cooled, make the “Vanilla Glaze” or use your own frosting recipe. Dust with powdered sugar if you want to give them a nice “dusty” face. Then decorate with chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, more coconut, or anything else that looks tasty.
Then you have a friendly zombie cupcake that you can eat the brains of!
While we do not condone revenge on the post-vital here at ZADL we do condone delicious flavor.